Amplicomms PowerTel 2880 Amplified Telephone with Two Extra Handsets
Struggling to hear the phone ring can make it difficult to get to it in time to answer a call. The Amplicomms PowerTel 2880 Amplified Telephone with Two Extra Handsets includes a corded amplified telephone and two cordless amplified handsets, which not only makes it easier to hear the phone, but also allows you to set up a handset in three different areas of the house for easy telephone access wherever you are.
What's Included with This Pack?
To make sure you never miss another phone call, the pack includes:
How Loud Is This Amplified Telephone?
Both the corded telephone and the cordless handset have an adjustable receiver volume of up to 40dB, which approximately eight times louder than a standard phone. Moreover, both the phone and the handset have an extra loud ringing volume of up to 90dB, which is the volume of Boeing 737 at 6080 feet before landing.
How Many Extra Handsets Can I Connect to the Base?
The PowerTel 2880 Amplified Telephone can be connected to up to five handsets. This purchase includes a corded base and two additional handsets, which means that you can pair the base with up to three additional Amplicomms PowerTel 2701 Additional Cordless Handsets.
How Easy Is It to Set Up This System?
You can set up your phone system in four simple steps:
- Connect your corded phone by plugging the power adaptor on the underside of the corded phone, and the other end into the mains power wall socket. Then plug the telephone cable into the socket on the underside of the corded phone and plug the other end into the phone wall socket.
- Connect your charger base by plugging the other power adaptor that's already attached to your charger base into your mains power wall socket, and switch the power on.
- Install the batteries by inserting the rechargeable batteries into the handset, and replace the handset's battery compartment cover.
- Charge the handset by placing it on its base to charge for at least 16 hours.
How Do I Register the Extra Handset?
You only need to register the handset that you've purchased separately, which should not take more than a few minutes of your time. To do so:
- At the handset, press and hold "A" for approximately 15 seconds until the display shows "Press & Hold Base Page Key".
- At the same time at the corded phone, press and hold "INT" for at least 10 seconds until the display shows "Register".
How Are the Extra Handsets Powered?
The cordless handset is supplied with three rechargeable AAA 1.2V 750mAh Ni-Mh batteries, a charging cradle and a power adaptor. You can charge the handset by leaving it on the cradle. The batteries allow for seven hours of continuous talk time, and up to 100 hours on stand-by.
What Is the Range of the Handset?
The exact working range of the handset from the base will depend on several factors including building materials and wall thickness. The working range can be as long as 300 meters in an open air outdoor environment, while indoors the estimated range is roughly 50 meters.
Can I Wall Mount This Phone?
Yes, this phone can be wall-mounted. In order to mount the base unit to a wall, you will need two dowels and two screws (preferably fillister-head with a diameter of 4mm). Please use caution and be aware of all electrical wires and water pipes before drilling.
Does the Amplicomms PowerTel 2880 Phone Have a Power Plug?
Yes, the Corded PowerTel 2880 Phone needs to be connected to a mains at all times. It comes complete with a UK power adaptor and a telephone cable.
Does the PowerTel Include a Digital Phonebook?
Yes, the PowerTel Amplified Telephone features a phonebook that is able to store up to 100 numbers at a time. This allows you to keep all of your contacts at the ready for contact at a moment's notice.
Is This Suitable for the Elderly or the Visually Impaired?
The Corded PowerTel 2880 Phone is designed to be very intuitive to use by anyone. The large backlit buttons reduce the risk of numbers being mis-dialled, while the blue backlit display screens makes it easier to read both dialled and incoming numbers, and the visual alert provided by the LCD screens provides an additional prompt for incoming calls.
Moreover, unlike most similar corded phones, the PowerTel 2880 Phone allows the user to take a call by simply lifting the handset off the charger base (when "Auto Talk" is on), and speak into the phone. If the handset is off the charger base, a button needs to be pressed to take a call.
- Power supply (corded phone):
- Input: 100-240V 50/60Hz
- Output: 6VDC 800mA
- Power supply (charger base):
- Input: 100-240V 50/60Hz
- Output: 7VDC 420mA
- Battery on standby: Up to 100 hours
- Maximum talk time: Up to 10 hours
- Maximum earpiece volume: +40 dB (distortion < 1,5 %)
- Rechargeable batteries: 3 x AAA 1.2V 750mAh Ni-Mh