Amplicomms PowerTel 2880 Amplified Telephone Combo with Answering Machine
If you struggle to hear the telephone ringing or find that conversations down the line can be faint, an amplified telephone may be your ideal solution to improved communication. The Amplicomms PowerTel 2880 Amplified Telephone Combo with Answering Machine combines a corded telephone and cordless handset with an answering machine to improve phone conversations for individuals with hearing impairments.
- Receiver Volume: Up to 40dB
- Ringing Volume: Up to 90dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Answering machine
- Power cord
- Caller ID
What's Included with This Purchase?
- 1 x Corded phone (base)
- 1 x Receiver
- 1 x Receiver cord
- 1 x AC power adaptor for corded phone
- 1 x Cordless handset
- 1 x NiMh rechargeable battery
- 1 x Battery compartment cover
- 1 x Charger
- 1 x AC power adaptor for charger
- 1 x Telephone line cord
How Loud Is This Amplified Telephone?
The PowerTel 2880 Combo has been designed to provide improved control over both the ringer and receiver volume. There are six volume levels, in addition to a mute function, allowing the user to adjust the receiver volume up to 40dB and the ringer volume up to 90dB. There is also a choice of ten ringtones for optimal hearing.
The HD DSL sound provides low distortion with a built-in equaliser, which can be altered between four settings: natural, treble 1, treble 2, and bass. As the telephone is compatible with hearing aids, it means that audio can be adjusted to meet the needs of virtually any user, improving the quality of conversations and communication.
Does the PowerTel 2880 Amplified Telephone Include an Answering Machine?
This combo set includes a corded telephone with an integrated digital answering machine, and a cordless handset. The integrated answering machine records up to approximately 30 minutes. Playback of messages or vocal memos can be slowed down by pressing the "Slow" key, and you can listen to messages using either the handset or a tabletop unit.
Does This Phone Need to Be Plugged Into the Mains?
The base of this amplified telephone needs to be plugged into the mains, while the cordless handset runs on rechargeable batteries, which are included with this purchase. To connect the base unit:
- Plug the connector on the cable end into the corresponding jack on the underside of the base, and plug the power adaptor into the wall socket.
- Plug the small connector on the end of the telephone line cord into the corresponding jack on the base, and plug the other end into the telephone jack.
- Connect the receiver with the telephone using the coiled receiver cord.
To connect the cordless handset:
- Open the battery compartment and plug the battery pack connector firmly into the jack.
- Place the supplied rechargeable battery, and tuck the wires inside the battery compartment.
- Slide the battery compartment cover towards the centre of the handset, until it clicks into place.
- For a full charge, the handset must be left in the charger for at least 16 hours.
How Easy to Use Is the PowerTel 2880 Amplified Telephone Combo?
As well as providing greater audio control, the PowerTel 2880 Combo offers improved usability. The large back lit buttons reduce the risk of numbers being mis-dialled, while the blue back lit display screens makes it easier to read both dialled and incoming numbers.
The visual alert provided by the LCD screens provides an additional prompt for incoming calls. This means that users, particularly individuals with reduced hearing, will be less likely to miss a call as the bright screen can catch their attention when in eyeshot.
Does the PowerTel Include a Digital Phonebook?
Yes, the PowerTel Amplified Telephone features a phonebook that is able to store up to 100 numbers at a time. This allows you to keep all of your contacts at the ready for contact at a moment's notice.
Can I Connect More Cordless Handsets to This Base?
Yes, the base can be paired with up to four handsets, which means three additional handsets, along with the one already included with this combo. Additional handsets need to be purchased separately.
To make pairing up the base with extra handsets easier and more affordable for you, we've prepared two more money-saving bundles that include:
- Combined corded telephone and cordless handset for versatile use around the home
- Corded handset ideal for fixing to one place for familiarity in the home
- Cordless handset can be carried around the house wherever required
- Built-in answering machine stores up to 30 minutes of messages for peace of mind
- High-definition HD DSL sound with low distortion and high amplification
- Compatible with hearing aids to ensure reliable and flexible use
- Amplified receiver volume of up to 40dB with a ringer volume of up to 90dB
- Six volume levels with a choice of ten standard ringtones for more tailored ringer
- Four-line extra-large point matrix display screen with blue backlight for easier viewing
- Large keys with blue back light for easier dialling of numbers
- Built-in equaliser with four settings for greater audio control
- Visual alert for incoming calls helps reduce risks of calls being missed
- Caller ID presentation (CLIP) with a capacity to store the last 50 callers
- Telephone book for storing up to 100 numbers for quicker and easier calling
- Redial function for the ten most recent numbers
- Power Supply Corded Phone:
- Input: 100 - 240V, 50/60Hz
- Output: 6VDC, 450mA
- Power Supply Charger Base:
- Input: 100 - 240V, 50/60Hz
- Output: 6VDC, 450mA
- Outdoor: 300m
- Indoor: 50m
- Standby: Up to 100h
- Maximum Talk Time: Up to 10h
- Maximum Earpiece Volume: 40dB
- Rechargeable Battery Pack: 2.4V, 500mAh NiMh
- Display Screen Size: Approximately 40 x 32mm
- Menu Languages: GB, DE, FR, NL, ES, IT, TR
- PABX compatible
- Hearing aid compatible (ETS 300381)