Amplicomms PowerTel 2783 Amplified Cordless Telephone with Two Extra Handsets
If you often find yourself struggling to get to the phone in time, a system of cordless handsets that you can set up around the house could make your life a lot easier. The Amplicomms PowerTel 2783 Amplified Cordless Telephone with Two Extra Handsets includes a total of three cordless handsets featuring a receiver that is up to eight times louder than a standard phone, and an extra loud 90dB ringing volume.
- Receiver Volume: Up to 40dB
- Ringing Volume: Up to 90dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Answering machine
- Caller ID
What's Included with This Package?
This package was put together to help you make any home friendly to the hard of hearing and the elderly. It includes a telephone base with one cordless handset, plus two additional handsets that you can set up in different areas of the house, ensuring a phone is always at hand's reach:
Click on their names to learn more about the individual products.
How Loud Is This Telephone System?
All three cordless handsets have been designed to provide improved control over both the ringer and receiver volume. There are six volume levels, in addition to a mute function, allowing the user to adjust the receiver volume up to 40dB and the ringer volume up to 90dB. Moreover, you can choose from 10 ringtones for optimal hearing.
How Does the Answering Machine Work?
The built-in answering machine saves messages from callers when a call is missed. This is ideal for individuals who fear they may not be able to reach the phone in time or worry that they will miss a call when away from home.
How Easy To Use Is the PowerTel 2780?
As well as providing greater audio control, the PowerTel 2780 also offers improved usability. The large back lit buttons reduce the risk of numbers being mis-dialled, while the blue back-lit display screen makes it easier to read both dialled and incoming numbers.
The visual alert provided by the LCD screen provides an additional prompt for incoming calls. This means that users, particularly individuals with reduced hearing, will be less likely to miss a call as the bright screen can catch their attention when in eyeshot.
Can I Connect More Than One Handset?
Yes, the PowerTel 2780 allows you to connect a total of five additional handsets. This means that in this case, with two extra handsets already included, you can connect up to three more PowerTel 2701 Additional Cordless Handsets.
Does This Phone Feature Caller ID?
Yes, this phone can display Caller ID. It will store the last 50 numbers, allowing you to scroll back through your last calls for reference.
What Warranty Does This Phone Have?
For extra peace of mind, the PowerTel 2783 is supplied with a two-year manufacturer's warranty.
Features and Benefits
- Cordless handsets ideal for carrying around the home where required
- Answering machine saves messages for peace of mind
- HD DSL sound with low distortion and high amplification
- Compatible with hearing aids to ensure reliable and flexible use
- Amplified receiver volume of up to 40dB with a ringer volume of up to 90dB
- Six volume levels with a choice of ten standard ringtones for more tailored ringer
- Four-line extra-large point matrix display screen with blue back light for easier viewing
- Large keys with blue back light for easier dialling of numbers
- Built-in equaliser with four settings for greater audio control
- Visual alert for incoming calls helps reduce risks of calls being missed
- Caller ID presentation (CLIP) for storing the last 50 callers
- Telephone book for storing up to 100 numbers for quicker and easier calling
- Redial function for the 10 most recent numbers
- PABX compatible
- Hearing aid compatible (ETS 300381)
- Power Supply (Base Unit):
- Input: 100 - 240V 50/60Hz
- Output: 6VDC 800mA
- Outdoor Range: 300m
- Indoor Range: 50m
- Battery Life:
- Continuous use: 7h
- Standby: Up to 100h (4 days)
- Display Screen Size: 40 x 32mm
- Menu Languages: GB, DE, FR, NL, ES, IT, TR