Amplicomms PowerTel 2780 Amplified Cordless Telephone with Answering Machine
If you struggle to hear the telephone ringing or find that conversations down the line can be faint, an amplified telephone may be your ideal solution to improved communication. The Amplicomms PowerTel 2780 Amplified Cordless Telephone with Answering Machine has been designed to meet the needs of individuals with hearing impairments and individuals who feel they would benefit from better control over the volume of their landline telephone.
- Receiver Volume: Up to 40dB
- Ringing Volume: Up to 90dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Answering machine
- Caller ID
What's Included with This Purchase?
- 1 x Base unit
- 1 x AC power adaptor for the base unit
- 1 x Cordless handset
- 3 x AAA NiMh rechargeable batteries
- 1 x Battery compartment cover
- 1 x Telephone line cord
- 1 x User manual
How Loud Is This Amplified Telephone?
The PowerTel 2780 has been designed to provide improved control over both the ringer and receiver volume. There are six volume levels, in addition to a mute function, allowing the user to adjust the receiver volume up to 40dB and the ringer volume up to 90dB. Moreover, you can choose from 10 ringtones for optimal hearing.
How Does the Answering Machine Work?
The built-in answering machine saves messages from callers when a call is missed. This is ideal for individuals who fear they may not be able to reach the phone in time or worry that they will miss a call when away from home.
How Easy To Use Is the PowerTel 2780?
As well as providing greater audio control, the PowerTel 2780 also offers improved usability. The large back lit buttons reduce the risk of numbers being mis-dialled, while the blue back lit display screen makes it easier to read both dialled and incoming numbers.
The visual alert provided by the LCD screen provides an additional prompt for incoming calls. This means that users, particularly individuals with reduced hearing, will be less likely to miss a call as the bright screen can catch their attention when in eyeshot.
Can I Connect More Than One Handset?
Yes, the PowerTel 2780 allows you to connect up to five PowerTel 2701 Additional Cordless Handsets per base. This is perfect if you want have trouble getting to the phone in time, and could benefit from having a handset in every area of your home.
To make pairing up the base with extra handsets easier and more affordable for you, we've prepared five money-saving bundles that include:
What Is the Range of the Handset?
The exact working range of the handset from the base will depend on several factors including building materials and wall thickness. The working range can be as long as 300 meters in an open air outdoor environment, while indoors the estimated range is roughly 50 meters.
Does This Phone Feature Caller ID?
Yes, this phone can display Caller ID. It will store the last 50 numbers, allowing you to scroll back through your last calls for reference.
What Warranty Does This Phone Have?
For extra peace of mind, the PowerTel 2780 is supplied with a two-year manufacturer's warranty.
Features and Benefits
- Cordless handset ideal for carrying around the home where required
- Answering machine saves messages for peace of mind
- HD DSL sound with low distortion and high amplification
- Compatible with hearing aids to ensure reliable and flexible use
- Amplified receiver volume of up to 40dB with a ringer volume of up to 90dB
- Six volume levels with a choice of ten standard ringtones for more tailored ringer
- Four-line extra-large point matrix display screen with blue back light for easier viewing
- Large keys with blue back light for easier dialling of numbers
- Built-in equaliser with four settings for greater audio control
- Visual alert for incoming calls helps reduce risks of calls being missed
- Caller ID presentation (CLIP) for storing the last 50 callers
- Telephone book for storing up to 100 numbers for quicker and easier calling
- Redial function for the 10 most recent numbers
- Up to five handsets per base, with possible call transfers between handsets
- PABX compatible
- Hearing aid compatible (ETS 300381)
- Power Supply (Base Unit):
- Input: 100 - 240V 50/60Hz
- Output: 6VDC 800mA
- Outdoor Range: 300g
- Indoor Range: 50m
- Battery Life:
- Continuous use: 7h
- Standby: Up to 100h (4 days)
- Display Screen Size: 40 x 32mm
- Menu Languages: GB, DE, FR, NL, ES, IT, TR