Amplicomms PowerTel 2703 Amplified Cordless Telephone with Two Extra Handsets
If you often find yourself struggling to get to the phone in time, a system of cordless handsets that you can set up around the house could make your life a lot easier. The Amplicomms PowerTel 2703 Amplified Cordless Telephone with Two Extra Handsets includes a total of three cordless handsets featuring a receiver that is up to eight times louder than a standard phone, and an extra loud 90dB ringing volume.
- Receiver Volume: Up to 40dB
- Ringing Volume: Up to 90dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Power cord
- Caller ID
What's Included with This Package?
This package was put together to help you make any home friendly to the hard of hearing and the elderly. It includes a telephone base with one cordless handset, plus two additional handsets that you can keep around your home, ensuring a phone is always at hand's reach:
Click on their names to learn more about the individual products.
How Loud Is This Telephone System?
All three cordless handsets have been designed to provide improved control over both the ringer and receiver volume. There are six volume levels, in addition to a mute function, allowing the user to adjust the receiver volume up to 40dB and the ringer volume up to 90dB. There is also a choice of 10 ringtones for optimal hearing.
The HD DSL sound provides low distortion with a built-in equaliser, which can be altered between four settings: natural, treble 1, treble 2, and bass. As the telephone is compatible with hearing aids, it means that audio can be adjusted to meet the needs of virtually any user, improving the quality of conversations and communication.
Can I Connect Any More Handsets?
Yes, the PowerTel 2700 Amplified Cordless Telephone allows you to connect a total of five additional handsets. This means that in this case, with two extra handsets already included, you can connect the base with up to three more cordless handsets.
How Easy to Use Is the Cordless Handset?
To answer a call, the user is required to press either the green button, the speaker button, or any dialling key. While this is easy for most, it might cause problems for users who are not accustomed to answering the phone by pressing a button. If you're looking for a cordless amplified phone that can be answered by simply picking up the handset, we recommend the Geemarc AmpliDECT 295 Amplified Cordless Telephone.
Does It Have an Answering Machine?
Unfortunately, the PowerTel 2703 Amplified Cordless Telephone does not include an answering machine. If you're looking for a cordless amplified telephone with an answering machine, we strongly recommend the Amplicomms PowerTel 2780 Amplified Cordless Telephone, which is a very similar phone to this one, with an included answering machine.
Is This Phone Suitable for the Visually Impaired?
As well as providing greater audio control, the PowerTel 2703 also offers improved usability. The large back lit buttons reduce the risk of numbers being mis-dialled, while the blue back lit display screen makes it easier to read both dialled and incoming numbers.
The visual alert provided by the LCD screen provides an additional prompt for incoming calls. This means that users, particularly those with reduced hearing, will be less likely to miss a call as the bright screen can catch their attention when in eyeshot.
What Is the Range of the Handset?
The exact working range of the handset from the base will depend on several factors including building materials and wall thickness. The working range can be as long as 300 meters in an open air outdoor environment, while indoors the estimated range is roughly 50 meters.
Does This Phone Feature Caller ID?
Yes, this phone can display Caller ID. It will store the last 50 numbers, allowing you to scroll back through your last calls for reference.
What Warranty Does the PowerTel 2703 Amplified Telephone Have?
For extra peace of mind, the PowerTel 2703 Amplified Cordless Telephone is supplied with a two-year manufacturer's warranty.
- Cordless handset ideal for carrying around the home where required
- High-definition HD DSL sound with low distortion and high amplification
- Compatible with hearing aids to ensure reliable and flexible use
- Amplified receiver volume of up to 40dB with a ringer volume of up to 90dB
- Six volume levels with a choice of ten standard ringtones for more tailored ringer
- Four-line extra-large point matrix display screen with blue back light for easier viewing
- Large keys with blue back light for easier dialling of numbers
- Built-in equaliser with four settings for greater audio control
- Visual alert for incoming calls helps reduce risks of calls being missed
- Caller ID presentation (CLIP) with a capacity to store the last 50 callers
- Telephone book for storing up to 100 numbers for quicker and easier calling
- Redial function for the 10 most recent numbers
- PABX compatible
- Hearing aid compatible (ETS 300381)
- Power Supply (Base Unit):
- Input: 100 - 240V 50/60Hz
- Output: 6VDC 800mA
- Outdoor Range: 300m
- Indoor Range: 50m
- Battery Life:
- Talk Time: 7h
- Standby: 100h (4 days)
- Display Screen Size: 40 x 32mm
- Menu languages: GB, DE, FR, NL, ES, IT, TR