Amplicomms BigTel 1480 Cordless Phone and Desk Unit with Answering Machine
The Amplicomms BigTel 1480 Cordless Phone and Desk Unit with Answering Machine pack combines extra-loud volumes and easy-to-read screens to offer an optimal telephone experience for most users. Settings can be altered to suit the needs of each individual, with amplified volume and backlit keys making this system perfect for those with hearing and visual impairments.
- Receiver Volume: Up to 30dB
- Ringing Volume: Up to 80dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Answering machine
- Visual ring indicator
- Power cord
- Caller ID
What's Included with This Purchase?
- 1 x Corded phone (base)
- 1 x Receiver
- 1 x Receiver cord
- 1 x AC power adaptor for corded phone
- 1 x Cordless handset
- 2 x Rechargeable batteries AAA 400mAh NiMh
- 1 x Battery compartment cover
- 1 x Charger
- 1 x AC power adaptor for charger
- 1 x Telephone line cord
- 1 x User guide
How Loud Are These Amplified Telephones?
These phones are ideal for anybody with hearing difficulties, as they offer extra-loud volume settings. The ringer volume reaches 80dB, while the receiver volume provides up to 30dB of volume. Not only will this be useful for those who struggle to hear traditional telephones when in a different room in the house, but it will also prevent information during conversations from being misheard or misunderstood.
Where Can I Use the BigTel 1480 Cordless Phone and Desk Unit?
As the BigTel 1480 comprises both a cordless phone with cradle and a corded phone, it can be utilised in a wide range of scenarios. For anybody who prefers to remain seated by the phone, and for those who may have trouble locating the phone when it rings, affixing the corded in one position will help ensure that it can always be found in the most suitable location.
The cordless phone is ideal for carrying around the home. This is particularly useful for anybody who likes to keep busy during phone calls, and will also mean that the phone can be taken to the bedroom or similar, helping to ensure that help can always be called for from around the home.
How Easy to Use Is This Phone?
Once properly set up, the BigTel 1480 is fairly easy to use:
- To make a call on the corded phone – enter the telephone number and lift the receiver or press the speaker button, or lift the receiver or press the speaker button, and enter the phone number once you hear the dial tone.
- To answer a call on the corded phone – lift the receiver or press the speaker button.
- To end a call on the corded phone – when using the receiver, replace the receiver on the telephone base. If you are using the speakerphone, press the speaker button.
- To make a call on a cordless handset – enter the telephone number and press the green button, or press the green button and enter the telephone number when you hear the dial tone.
- To answer a call on a cordless handset – press the green button.
- To end a call on a cordless handset – press or place the handset in the charger.
Does This Phone Have a Handsfree Function?
During a call, press the speaker button on the corded phone, or the green call button once again on the cordless handset. To deactivate the handsfree function, press the same button again.
Is the BigTel 1480 Suitable for the Visually Impaired?
The larger size of the buttons makes it easier to dial numbers. This means that there is a reduced risk of numbers being incorrectly dialled, and will be ideal for anybody with reduced dexterity. The bigger buttons are also useful for those with visual impairments, as the numbers on each button are easier to read compared to those of traditional phone keypads.
Can I Connect It to My Hearing Aid?
Yes, your BigTel 1480 Telephone works with most popular hearing aids. However, given the wide range of hearing aids available, we are unable to guarantee that your phone will function fully with every hearing aid.
Does the BigTel 1480 Have an Answering Machine?
The BigTel 1480 has a built-in digital answering machine with a total recording capacity of 15 minutes. You can operate the answering machine at the corded phone or from each registered handset.
Does This Phone Feature Caller ID?
Yes, this phone will work with your service provider's caller ID service. Names and numbers will be displayed clearly on the phone's dot matrix LCD screen.
Is the Screen Easy to Read?
Anybody with visual impairments may benefit from both phones, as they include amber-backlit LCD display screens. They are easy to read, allowing both incoming calls and dialled numbers to be easily identified.
How Is the BigTel 1480 Powered?
The base of this telephone needs to be connected to the mains for all functions to work properly. The cordless handset is powered with two rechargeable batteries, which are charged when you replace the handset on the cradle.
Does This Phone Have a Boost Key?
Yes, this phone features a "boost" key to temporarily amplify the volume of the receiver, on both the corded base and the wireless handset. This is ideal for situations in which multiple users will be using the phone, allowing those with hearing impairment to boost their volume without affecting users on other calls.
Can I Add an Extra Handset?
Yes, you can add up to four additional handsets to the BigTel 1480 system. You can purchase an additional handset by ticking the box near the top of the page, or by visiting the BigTel 1201 Additional Handset for Amplicomms BigTel Cordless Amplified Telephones page.
To make pairing up the base with extra handsets easier and more affordable for you, we've prepared four money-saving bundles that include:
User Instruction Manual
The BigTel 1480 is supplied with an easily understandable user manual that makes setting up and using this system a breeze. You can view the user manual below:
|User Manual |
Features and Benefits
- Hearing aid compatible
- Answering machine with up to 15 minutes recording time
- Visual alerts for incoming calls
- Telephone book with a 50-entry capacity
- Redial up to last 15 numbers
- Includes 10 different ringtones, including five polyphonic ringtones
- Mute option to silence incoming calls when required
- Intercom and call transfer features between headsets
- Alarm function with snooze
- Four direct-dial memory buttons
- Dot-matrix LCD screen
- Ringer volume: 80dB
- Receiver volume: 30dB
- Continuous use: up to 6hours
- Standby time: up to 100 hours
- Direct-dial memory buttons: M1, M2
- PABX compatible
- Menu languages: GB, DE, FR, NL, ES, IT