Amplicomms BigTel 1285 Big Button Amplified Cordless Telephone with Four Extra Handsets
Whether you're hard of hearing, or find it increasingly difficult to get to the phone in time, setting up amplified cordless handsets in different areas of your home could greatly improve your quality of life. The Amplicomms BigTel 1285 Big Button Amplified Cordless Telephone with Four Extra Handsets is a practical phone system that includes a cordless telephone with an answering machine as well as four additional cordless handsets with amplified ringing and receiver volume that ensures you won't have to strain your ears ever again.
- 1 x BigTel 1280 Base Unit with answering machine controls
- 4 x BigTel 1201 Base Units for additional handsets
- 5 x AC power adaptors for base
- 5 x Cordless handsets
- 10 x AAA rechargeable batteries for handset
- 5 x Battery compartment covers
- 1 x Telephone line cord
- 1 x User manual
- Receiver Volume: Up to 80dB
- Ringing Volume: Up to 30dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Answering machine
- Caller ID
How Loud Is the Receiver Volume?
The BigTel 1285 is an ideal telephone for those suffering from mild to moderate hearing difficulties, as it features various volume-adjustable settings. The receiver volume can be increased up to 30dB to help improve the quality of telephone conversations, ensuring that the person on the other end can be clearly heard. This is particularly important if sensitive information or medical advice is being delivered, as it minimises the risk of the information being misheard.
How Loud is the Ringer?
The ringer volume can be adjusted up to an extra-loud 80dB, which is beneficial for anybody who has difficulty hearing the phone ring. The included mute button ensures the phone won't disturb the user when it is activated, and the hearing aid compatibility means the conversation can be transmitted directly to the hearing aid for more efficient listening.
Is the BigTel Phone Suitable for the Visually Impaired?
The larger button size on the BigTel 1285 is ideal for those with visual impairments. The keypad also features a back light to illuminate the buttons, making them easier to read to reduce the risk of incorrect dialling.
Large Buttons for Easy Dialling
This larger button size is also suitable for anybody with reduced dexterity, as they are easier to manage than smaller, traditional dialling buttons. The handsfree function will also reduce the need to hold onto the phone during use.
How Easy is the Phone to Use?
The BigTel 1285 is a practical solution for anyone suffering from memory loss. It features a redial button for the last 15 numbers, reducing the need for the same numbers to be repeatedly entered. The built-in phone book will also help store up to one hundred numbers for convenient dialling.
Does the BigTel Feature Speed-Dial?
Yes, the user has the ability to programme two speed-dial numbers of their choosing. The buttons are labelled "M1" and "M2", and provide practical options for setting frequently dialled numbers such as family members or carers.
How Is This Amplified Telephone Powered?
The base unit needs to be plugged into the mains at all times, while the cordless handset is supplied with rechargeable batteries. To charge the batteries, simply place the handset back on the base. The battery is good for up to 10 hours of continuous talk time before it needs recharging.
Does This Phone Include an Answering Machine?
The digital answering machine features extra-large keys for easier operation, and can record up to 15 minutes of answering machine messages to help ensure you don't miss important messages. It also includes a two-digit LED counter indicating the number of messages, and offers remote interrogation with PIN code for secure access.
Does This Phone Feature Caller ID?
Yes, this phone will work with your service provider's caller ID service. Names and numbers will be displayed clearly on the phone's dot matrix LCD screen.
How Many Names and Numbers Can the Phonebook Store?
This phone has the capacity to store up to 100 names and numbers in its phonebook. This is ideal for virtually any user, ensuring all relevant contacts are available at the touch of a button.
Is a Louder Cordless Phone Available?
For severe cases of hearing loss, a louder amplified phone may be necessary. For this purpose we would recommend our loudest cordless telephone:
Does This Phone Have a Boost Key?
Yes, this phone features a "boost" key to temporarily amplify the volume of the receiver. This is ideal for situations in which multiple users will be using the phone, allowing those with hearing impairment to boost their volume without affecting users on other calls.
What Size Is The Base Footprint?
The main base unit has a footprint measuring 13 x 11cm, which is small enough to fit on small tables or in areas without much counter space.
Can I Connect More Handsets?
Yes, the base can be paired with up to four additional BigTel 1201 Handsets, including the two provided. This allows you to place as many handsets as you need around the home, so that the phone is always only a hand's reach away.
To make pairing up the base with extra handsets easier and more affordable for you, we've prepared money-saving bundles that include:
Is the BigTel Hearing Aid Compatible?
Yes, this phone works with most popular hearing aids. To use it with your hearing aid, simply switch the hearing aid to the "T" setting.
The BigTel 1285 Big Button Amplified Cordless Telephone is supplied with a two-year manufacturer's warranty.
User Instruction Manual
You can find out more about how this telephone is set up and used by viewing the user manual linked below:
|User Manual |
How Do I Pair My BigTel 1280 With an Extra 1201 Handset?
To sync your Amplicomms BigTel 1280 Big Button Amplified Telephone with an Amplicomms BigTel 1201 Additional Handset, simply follow these instructions:
Note: Before beginning the pairing steps below, set the date and time on each additional handset you wish to pair. The handset menu cannot be accessed until this is completed.
- Press the "OK" button (shown below) on the 1201 handset.
- Scroll using the "Up-Down" keys (shown below) until you reach "Settings", then press the "OK" button.
- Using the "Up-Down" keys, scroll until you reach "Handset Settings", then press the "OK" button.
- Using the "Up-Down" keys, scroll until you reach "Register Handset", then press the "OK" button.
- Base 1 (referring to your 1280 base) will appear as default on the handset screen. Press "OK" button to confirm.
- The 1201 handset will now prompt you for a PIN number. Enter "0000" as your PIN, and the display will show as "Registering".
- On the main 1280 base, press and hold the "Page" button (button with dot and three lines as shown below) for 6 - 8 seconds until the base beeps to indicate registration mode.
- The handset will then fully register in 5 - 8 further seconds.
Features and Benefits
- Adjustable ringer volume up to 80dB
- Adjustable receiver volume up to 30dB
- Extra large dot-matrix LCD
- Hearing aid compatible
- Visual alert for incoming call
- Two direct-dial memory buttons (M1, M2)
- Storage of the last 30 callers
- Visual and audio warnings in case of low battery
- Telephone book with up to 100 entries
- Redial up to 15 last numbers
- Ten different ringtones, including five polyphonic
- Five different volume levels, plus mute
- Intercom and call transfer between handsets
- Alarm function with snooze
- Answering machine with up to 15 minutes recording time
- Power Supply:
- Input: 100 - 240V 50/60Hz
- Output: 6VDC 450mA
- Outdoor Range: 300m
- Indoor Range: 50m
- Display menu languages: EN, DE, FR, NL, ES, IT
- Continuous Talk Time: 10h
- Standby Time: 100h
- Screen Dimensions: 96 x 64mm
Please note: Your BigTel 1201 Handsets must be paired with your BigTel 1280 Base Unit for use as one connected system. Full pairing instructions can be found in the User Manual link above, and also in the instruction manual provided with your package)