Amplicomms BigTel 1282 Big Button Amplified Cordless Telephones Twin Set
Whether you're hard of hearing, or find it increasingly difficult to get to the phone in time, setting up cordless handsets in different areas of your home could greatly improve your quality of life. The Amplicomms BigTel 1282 Big Button Amplified Cordless Telephones Twin Set is a practical phone system that includes two cordless handsets with a 50-metre indoor range, long battery life and, most importantly, amplified ringing and receiver volume that ensure you won't have to strain your ears ever again.
What's Included with This Package?
This package was put together to help you make any home friendly to the elderly and the hard of hearing. It includes a cordless telephone with an answering machine, plus one additional cordless handset:
Click on their names to learn more about the individual products.
How Loud Is This Telephone System?
The BigTel 1282 Twin Set is the perfect choice for anybody suffering from hearing difficulties, as it features various volume-adjustable settings. The receiver volume can be increased up to 30dB to help improve the quality of telephone conversations, ensuring that the person on the other end can be clearly heard. This is particularly important if sensitive information or medical advice is being delivered, as it minimises the risk of the information being misheard.
The ringer volume can be adjusted up to 80dB, a benefit for anybody who has difficulty hearing the phone ring. The included mute button ensures the phone won't disturb the user when it is activated, and the hearing aid compatibility means the conversation can be transmitted directly to the hearing aid for more efficient listening.
Is It Suitable for the Visually Impaired?
The larger button size on the BigTel 1282 handsets is ideal for those with visual impairments. The keypad also features a back light to illuminate the buttons, making them easier to read to reduce the risk of incorrect dialling.
This larger button size is also suitable for anybody with reduced dexterity, as they are easier to manage than smaller, traditional dialling buttons. Moreover, the hands-free function will also reduce the need to hold onto the phone during use.
How Easy to Use Is It?
The BigTel 1282 Twin Set is a practical solution for anybody suffering from memory loss. The handset features a redial button for the last 15 numbers, reducing the need for the same numbers to be repeatedly entered. The built-in phone book will also help store up to one hundred numbers for convenient dialling.
The user also has the ability to programme two speed-dial numbers of their choosing. The buttons are labelled "M1" and "M2", and provide practical options for setting frequently dialled numbers such as family members or carers.
How Is This Telephone System Powered?
The base unit needs to be plugged into the mains at all times, while the cordless handsets are supplied with rechargeable batteries. To charge the batteries, simply place the handset back on the base. The battery is good for up to 10 hours of continuous talk time before it needs recharging.
How Does the Answering Machine Work?
The digital answering machine features extra-large keys for easier operation, and can record up to 15 minutes of answering machine messages to help ensure you don't miss important messages. It also includes a two-digit LED counter indicating the number of messages, and offers remote interrogation with PIN code for secure access.
Does This Phone Feature Caller ID?
Yes, this phone will work with your service provider's caller ID service. Names and numbers will be displayed clearly on the phone's dot matrix LCD screen.
How Many Names and Numbers Can the Phone Book Store?
This phone has the capacity to store up to 100 names and numbers in its phone book. This is ideal for virtually any user, ensuring all relevant contacts are available at the touch of a button.
What Size Is The Base Footprint?
The main base unit has a footprint measuring 13 x 11cm, which is small enough to fit on small tables or in areas without much counter space.
Does This Phone Have a Boost Key?
Yes, this phone features a "boost" key to temporarily amplify the volume of the receiver. This is ideal for situations in which multiple users will be using the phone, allowing those with hearing impairment to boost their volume without affecting users on other calls.
Can I Connect More Than One Handset?
Yes, the base can be paired with up to four additional BigTel 1201 Handsets. This allows you to place as many handsets as you need around the home, so that the phone is always only a hand's reach away.
To make pairing up the base with extra handsets easier and more affordable for you, we've prepared money-saving bundles that include:
How Do I Pair My BigTel 1280 With an Extra 1201 Handset?
To sync your Amplicomms BigTel 1280 Big Button Amplified Telephone with an Amplicomms BigTel 1201 Additional Handset, simply follow these instructions:
Note: Before beginning the pairing steps below, set the date and time on each additional handset you wish to pair. The handset menu cannot be accessed until this is completed.
- Press the "OK" button (shown below) on the 1201 handset.
- Scroll using the "Up-Down" keys (shown below) until you reach "Settings", then press the "OK" button.
- Using the "Up-Down" keys, scroll until you reach "Handset Settings", then press the "OK" button.
- Using the "Up-Down" keys, scroll until you reach "Register Handset", then press the "OK" button.
- Base 1 (referring to your 1280 base) will appear as default on the handset screen. Press "OK" button to confirm.
- The 1201 handset will now prompt you for a PIN number. Enter "0000" as your PIN, and the display will show as "Registering".
- On the main 1280 base, press and hold the "Page" button (button with dot and three lines as shown below) for 6 - 8 seconds until the base beeps to indicate registration mode.
- The handset will then fully register in 5 - 8 further seconds.
Can I Use It with My Hearing Aid?
Yes, both handsets work with most popular hearing aids. To use them with your hearing aid, simply switch the hearing aid to the "T" setting.
Features and Benefits
- Adjustable ringer volume up to 80dB
- Adjustable receiver volume up to 30dB
- Extra large dot-matrix LCD
- Hearing aid compatible
- Visual alert for incoming call
- Two direct-dial memory buttons (M1, M2)
- Storage of the last 30 callers
- Visual and audio warnings in case of low battery
- Telephone book with up to 100 entries
- Redial up to 15 last numbers
- Ten different ringtones, including five polyphonic
- Five different volume levels, plus mute
- Intercom and call transfer between handsets
- Alarm function with snooze
- Answering machine with up to 15min recording time
- Power Supply:
- Input: 100 - 240V 50/60Hz
- Output: 6VDC 450mA
- Outdoor Range: 300m
- Indoor Range: 50m
- Display menu languages: EN, DE, FR, NL, ES, IT
- Continuous Talk Time: 10h
- Standby Time: 100h
- Screen Dimensions: 96 x 64mm