Amplicomms BigTel 1202 Big Button Amplified Cordless Telephones Twin Pack
For the hard of hearing or the visually impaired, and for anybody suffering from memory loss, everyday tasks such as using a telephone can become a constant struggle. Designed with these difficulties in mind, the Amplicomms BigTel 1202 Big Button Amplified Cordless Telephones Twin Pack offers two cordless telephones with adjustable volume and bright display screens, with the added ability to programme numbers to assist with memory issues.
- Receiver Volume: Up to approximately 30dB
- Ringing Volume: Up to approximately 80dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Answering machine
- Caller ID
What's Included with the Purchase?
- 1 x Base unit
- 2 x Cordless handset
- 1 x AC power adaptor for the base
- 1 x Charger with AC power adaptor
- 4 x AAA 400mAh NiMh rechargeable batteries
- 2 x Battery compartment covers
- 1 x User guide
How Loud Is the BigTel 1202 Amplified Telephone?
The BigTel 1202 is an ideal telephone combination for anybody suffering from hearing difficulties, as it features various volume-adjustable settings. The receiver volume can be increased up to 30dB. This will help improve the quality of telephone conversations by ensuring that the person on the other end can be clearly heard. This will be particularly important if sensitive information or medical advice is being delivered, as it minimises the risk of the information being misheard.
The ringer volume can be adjusted up to 80dB. This is beneficial for anybody who has difficulty hearing the phone when it rings. The phone also features an equaliser, enabling the tone to be altered between four different settings for optimal listening.
Is This Phone Suitable for the Visually Impaired?
The bright backlit extra-large display screen on the BigTel 1202 is ideal for those with visual impairments. It can display both text and numbers for easily searching through the phone book, and it also features the date and time for viewing information with ease.
The cordless phones also feature hands-free capabilities. This will be convenient for anybody who might struggle to hold onto the phone, such as those suffering from shaking hands, or weak and tired muscles.
Is This Amplified Telephone Suitable for Those Suffering from Memory Loss?
In addition to the visual and audial benefits, the BigTel 1202 has a built-in phone book with a capacity to store up to one hundred telephone numbers. This will be ideal for anybody with memory issues, as it eradicates the requirement to recall phone numbers or locate telephone books. The numbers will be safely stored in the phone, always ready for easy dialling.
Is the BigTel 1202 Easy to Operate?
Due to the nature of this cordless phone, the user is required to press the green button to answer a call. While using the BigTel 1202 is a fairly straightforward process, this additional step might be confusing for users who are accustomed to answering a phone call by simply picking up the receiver.
Is the BigTel 1202 Hearing Aid Compatible?
Yes, the BigTel 1202 works perfectly with most popular hearing aids. To use it with a hearing aid, please set your hearing aid to "T".
How Is the BigTel 1202 Telephone Powered?
The base unit and the charger unit of the second handset need to be plugged into the mains power wall socket at all times. The handsets includes two rechargeable batteries each, which allows you to use the amplified telephone anywhere in the house.
Is the BigTel 1202 Easy to Set Up?
To set up the BigTel 1202 Amplified Telephone, you will need to connect the charger and the cordless handset to the mains. Firstly:
- Connect the base unit by plugging the connector on the cable end into the corresponding jack on the rear side of the base, and plug the power adaptor into the wall socket.
- Plug the small connector on the end of the telephone line cord into the corresponding jack on the base, and plug the other end into the telephone jack.
Set up the cordless handset anywhere else in the house you feel you could benefit from an additional telephone extension. To set up the cordless handset:
- Open the battery compartment and insert the rechargeable batteries.
- Slide the battery compartment cover towards the centre of the handset until it clicks into place.
- For a full charge, the handset must be left in the base unit for at least 16 hours.
You can learn more about how to set up and use the BigTel 1202 by viewing the user manual linked below:
|User Manual |
How Many Handsets Can I Connect to the Base?
The BigTel 1202 allows you to connect up to five additional handsets per base. This twin set already includes one additional handset, and can be paired with four extra handsets, which need to be purchased separately.
What Warranty Does the BigTel 1202 Telephone Have?
For your peace of mind, the BigTel 1202 Telephone is supplied with a two-year manufacturer's warranty.
- Adjustable receiver and ringing volume
- Two direct-dial memory buttons
- Hearing aid compatible
- Caller ID with storage of the last 30 callers
- Telephone book with up to 100 entries
- Redial up to 15 last numbers
- Intercom and call transfer between handsets
- Compatible with up to five handsets per base
- Visual and audio warnings in case of low battery
- Ten different ringtones available
- Five different volume levels
- Power Supply:
- Input: 100-240V 50/60Hz
- Output: 6VDC 450mA
- Standby Time: Up to 100 hours
- Maximum Talk Time: Up to 10 hours
- Rechargeable Batteries: AAA, 1.2 V, 400 mAh NiMH
- Display menu available in six languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch